Our Puppy Classes will give you the skills to start your puppy out right for a lifetime of fun companionship!
We offer Positive Puppy classes taught by certified trainers to ensure you and your puppy have all the skills you need to get off to a great start!
The Positive Puppy Class is taught by Tara Tower, who is a certified Dog Trainer through DogStars and the Certification Council of Pet Dog Trainers - Higher Education for dog trainers means we can give you and your puppy THE BEST training start!
(We also offer PUPPY TEEN CLASSES for older puppies who are not yet ready to join our dog sport classes. The class works on building their obedience foundations and learning more fun training games!)
Puppy class will cover:
- Proper socialization techniques
- Positive first experiences for your puppy
- Puppy basic manners (no jumping up, whining, etc)
- Basic training (come when called, sit, down, stay, etc.)
- To be calm in the house
- Reliable house training
- Sharing (toys, food, bones)
- To use teeth on toys/chews instead of you
- Polite behavior around children/guests
- To walk nicely on leash
- To be happy in their crate or pen
- introduction to using a clicker or verbal marker for more effective training
- Fun learning games you can play with your puppy!
For more information about our policies click the "View Policies" button.
Positive Puppy Class
- Instructor: Tara Tower November-December Classes Are FULL. Next sets will begin in January, join our wait-list to be notified when they open for registration!
- Class in Progress:
- Thursdays @ 5:30-6:30pm - FULL
Dates: Nov 15, 22, 29, Dec 6, 13, 20
- Fridays @ 6:45-7:45pm - FULL
Dates: Nov 16, 23, 30, 7, 14, 21
- Thursdays @ 6:45-7:45pm
Dates: Oct 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8
- Fridays @ 5:30-6:30pm
Dates: Oct 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov 2, 9
If your dog is reactive (i.e. lunges, barks etc towards other dogs and/or people), and requires a personal bubble of space from other dogs or people, we will accommodate your dog as long as you have previously or are currently working with a positive reinforcement trainer on your dog's reactivity, so that you are skilled at managing your dog in a group setting.
Need a trainer for this? Let us know! We are happy to help!
If your dog barks excessively around other dogs (and cannot easily be stopped with a toy or food) we ask that you please contact us to schedule a private session before joining a group class, so that we can work on the barking before joining a more exciting group class. While we understand your dog may just be excited or nervous around the other dogs, if the dogs are constantly barking it is unfair to the students who cannot hear the instructor, and the instructor who has to try to talk over barking dogs.
Need help with this? Let us know, we're happy to help!