Updated Apr 20, 2022
Masks are required at any times during class when you may get closer to the other students (i.e. walkthroughs or some station work).
We also request students wear masks when they enter/exit the training floors if they need to get close to or pass by other students/staff/instructors in the hallways.
Masks are optional when working at least 6 feet from others.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF:
- If you feel ill or have any cold symptoms
- If you have been in contact with a positive Covid-19 case
- If you have been asked to isolate by public health or due to recent travel
Refunds are not available for optional or required self-isolating or missing class due to illness, but we are able to send over notes on what was missed if we are notified about the student missing the class.
CLASS PARTICIPANT NUMBERS:
We allow 2 people per dog, in some classes. We can only accommodate this for classes where there is enough seating room to maintain social distancing.
Classes that allow 2 people from the same household:
- North Floor classes
- Classes and workshops where the whole training floor is used
- The Puppy Classroom, BUT one person must remain seated at all times.
Unfortunately, there is not enough seating room for social distancing for the South Floor classes, and we will continue to limit people in those classes to only one human per dog for everyone’s safety and comfort. (with the exception of Junior Handlers requiring a parent present)
OTHER COVID PRECAUTIONS:
We have implemented the following proceedures to help maintain the health and safety of our students.
- We ask students to not attend if they feel ill or have been in contact with a positive Covid-19 case.
- We disinfect all surfaces (chairs, doorknobs, sink taps, interac machine etc) multiple times throughout the day.
- Instructors disinfect chairs, doorknobs, and other shared equipment between classes.
- Classes have separate entrances and staggered start times so students are easily spread out when exiting and entering for classes.
- Doorways have hand sanitizer availble for students to use upon on entry and exit of the facility.
- Seats for students will be 6-15 feet apart to maintain physical distancing.
- Chairs will be smooth so they are easily wipable for cleaning between classes.
- Floors are disinfected every other day with bleach, and before any puppy classes with neutral cleaner.
- Students must bring their own water dishes and treat pouches.
- We swapped from regular towels to paper towels for hand drying.
- We have hired extra staff to help clean in the evenings.
Our goal is that everyone feels safe training at DogWorks.
As B.C. continues to open up, we will continue to relax these protocols when we feel it’s safe to do so.
If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Thank you all for your patience and consideration.
The DogWorks Team