Updated Sept 7, 2021
DogWorks will be following provincial guidelines regarding vaccine passports.
As of Sept 13th, we will require proof of at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccination in order to participate in group classes or events at DogWorks.
As of Oct 24th, we will require proof of 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccination in order to participate in group classes or events at DogWorks.
Masks will continue to be mandatory in your DogWorks classes.
CLASS PARTICIPANT NUMBERS:
We will now allow 2 people from the same household per dog, in some classes. We can only accommodate this for classes where there is enough seating room to maintain social distancing.
Classes that allow 2 people from the same household:
- North Floor classes
- Classes and workshops where the whole training floor is used
- The Puppy Classroom, BUT one person must remain seated at all times.
Unfortunately, there is not enough seating room for social distancing for the South Floor classes, and we will continue to limit people in those classes to only one human per dog for everyone’s safety and comfort. (with the exception of Junior Handlers requiring a parent present)
We are still in a pandemic, and request that you do not bring guests from other households.
(ie. don’t bring your neighbour just because they want to watch your dog’s agility class.)
As B.C. continues to open up again, we will continue to relax these protocols when we feel it’s safe to do so.
Our goal is that everyone feels safe training at DogWorks.
Thank you all for your patience and consideration.
The DogWorks Team
OTHER COVID PRECAUTIONS:
We have implemented the following proceedures to help maintain the health and safety of our students.
- We ask students to not attend if they feel ill or have been in contact with a positive Covid-19 case.
- We disinfect all surfaces (chairs, doorknobs, sink taps, interac machine etc) multiple times throughout the day.
- There is a 5-15 minute break between all of our classes where the instructor disinfects all chairs, doorknobs, and other shared equipment and surfaces in class.
- Any equipment that cannot be easily disinfected between classes will be put in a labeled bin for disinfecting at the end of the night.
- Classes will have separate entrances and staggered start times so students are easily spread out when exiting and entering for classes.
- Doorways will have hand sanitizer availble for students to use upon on entry and exit of the facility.
- Seats for students will be 6-15 feet apart to maintain physical distancing.
- Chairs will be smooth so they are easily wipable for cleaning between classes.
- Smaller class sizes to ensure physical distance can be easily maintained.
- Floors are disinfected every other day with bleach, and before any puppy classes.
- Students must bring their own water dishes and treat pouches.
- We swapped from regular towels to paper towels for hand drying.
- We have hired extra staff to help clean in the evenings.
- No refunds are provided for missed classes for required or optional self isolating.
If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!