Now that we are re-opening our facility and training classes, we have implemented the following proceedures to help maintain the health and safety of our students.
- We disinfect all surfaces (doorknobs, counters, sink taps, interac machine etc) multiple times throughout the day.
- There is a 5-15 minute break between all of our classes where the instructor disinfects all chairs, doorknobs, and other shared equipment and surfaces in class.
- Any equipment that cannot be easily disinfected between classes will be put in a labeled bin for disinfecting at the end of the night.
- Classes will have separate entrances and staggered start times so students are easily spread out when exiting and entering for classes.
- Doorways will have hand sanitizer availble for students to use upon on entry and exit of the facility.
- Seats for students will be 9-25 feet apart to maintain physical distancing.
- Chairs will be smooth so they are easily wipable for cleaning between classes.
- Smaller class sizes to ensure physical distance can be easily maintained.
- 1 handler per dog is requested when possible (Max 2 humans per dog will be allowed)
- Floors are disinfected every other day with bleach, and before any puppy classes.
- Students must bring their own water dishes and treat pouches.
- We swapped from regular towels to paper towels for hand drying.
- We have hired extra staff to help clean in the evenings.
- Instructors will be the only ones to touch equipment whenever possible.
- Instructors will wear a mask, but may remove the mask when demoing at a very far distance in order for the entire class to be able to hear them clearly.
- Students are required to wear masks during walkthroughs (in Agility and Rally-O classes). In our other classes masks are not mandatory as we are able to social distance easily and are in well ventilated areas, but they are recommended.
- If mandatory masks are a particular concern of yours, we recommend private sessions where the instructor is the only person in the space and they can wear a mask during your session.
If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!